A low-carb and protein-rich sweet berry crêpe delight. Who said you can’t have dessert for breakfast?
- 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese (113g)
- 1/4 cup oats (20g)
- 1/3 cup egg whites (92g) or 2 large egg whites if no liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp stevia in the raw (if sweetness is desired)
- Coconut oil spray
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries, freshly cut
- 2 tbsp peanut powder
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut almond milk
- Honey or maple syrup for taste
- Pour cottage cheese and egg whites into a blender and blend until light and fluffy. Add oats, vanilla extract and stevia, blend well till a smooth consistency.
- Spray some coconut oil in a pan on low-medium heat. Add 4-5 spoonfuls of batter onto the pan and fry each crêpe until lightly golden on each side.
- Mix the peanut powder with the coconut almond milk. Fill crêpes with non-fat greek yogurt and strawberries. Top with more strawberries and drizzle with peanut sauce and honey or maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from TheFitBlog (https://thefitblog.com/recipe-cottage-cheese-pancakes/)