A lightly sweet protein packed breakfast rich in warm spices and flavor.
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 egg & egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 sweet sausage link
- 1 tbsp green onion, thinly sliced
- Splash of coconut oil or olive oil
- Dash of smoked paprika, cayenne pepper & black pepper for taste
- Cilantro to decorate
- Grate tomatoes while setting aside skins. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until juice from tomatoes evaporates and the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors are well combined and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes more.
- Beat eggs together and add in green onion, mix well.
- Pour eggs into pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, undisturbed, until eggs are just set, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle some smoked paprika and cayenne pepper on eggs. Gently draw eggs into center of skillet with spoon to form large soft curds and continue to cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes more. Season with black pepper to taste. Add cilantro as decoration.
Recipe adapted from Saveur (http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Tomato-and-Sausage-Omelette)